CHILD, FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SUPPORT
Sprott Shaw College is a provincial leader in Early Childhood, Special Education and Community Support training with a variety of programs ranging from 12 weeks to 18 months.
Start your ECE career as an Assistant to get hands on experience working in a Childcare facility with a Certified Early Childhood Educator by your side, or get started as an Educator right away by taking our Basic ECE program. Once you take our Basic program you can choose to return for our Post-Basic ECE program which includes additional specialized college courses for Infants, Toddlers and Children with Exceptionalities, or you can do everything at once with our Early Childhood Education Diploma program. We now also offer training in the Montessori curriculum.
If you are interested in working with children with special needs (K to 12) you may be interested in our Special Education Teaching Assistant program. The SETA programs courses will teach you how to create education plans, use counseling techniques, and teach self-care skills to the students who need you the most.
Our Community Support Worker – Social Services program allows you to work with teenagers, homeless persons, children with special needs, and those with substance abuse problems in BC.
Choose a program from the list below
ALL CHILD, FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SUPPORT PROGRAMS
- Early Childhood Education (Diploma) Program
- Early Childhood Education – Montessori
- Early Childhood Education Assistant Program
- Early Childhood Education Basic Program
- Early Childhood Education Children with Exceptionalities Program
- Early Childhood Education Infant Toddler Program
- Early Childhood Education Post-Basic Diploma Program
- ECE Post-Basic Children with Exceptionalities Program
- ECE Post-Basic Infant & Toddler Program
- Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Education